Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Welcoming

When I think of storms, I think of the whole cycle.  The ominous darkness in the distance, rolling ever closer.  The earthy ozone scent filling the air.  The soft, rumbling thunder growing louder and louder.  The squall coming through, signaling the start of the storm with fierce winds and rain.  The loud, thunderous roars and cracks as lightening literally splits the essence of the air, over and over.  The softening of the rain as it begins to move on.  The fading rolls of thunder becoming almost meditative.  Lightening brightening the sky but leaving no sound.  Darkness slowly lifting as the clouds roll away.  The sun shining triumphant in the sky, displaying a rainbow flag.

In many ways life can be equated to a storm.  It's full of ups and downs.  Some rough patches you see coming but feel powerless to stop, some spring up out of no where. But always they will pass, eventually, and that bright sun will shine again.  In some ways I even relate to a storm; I am passionate, occasionally moody and I wear my emotions on my face, but after all is said and done I remain loving, compassionate and happy.  I like to describe myself as a down-to-earth girl with my heart in the clouds, meaning that I understand reality enough to see beyond it.

I started this blog for two reasons... to serve as a creative and mental outlet, and to help others with whatever trouble they had that led them here in whatever way it does.  My blog will be a mix of reflections and musings on my daily life, a platform to share spiritual ideas and personal enlightenment, and maybe some day I'll post some of my writing.  Maybe....

And so, if you have found yourself here, I welcome you, and thank you for reading.  I hope that my future posts will find you when you need them, and that they bring support, comfort, knowledge, and/or encouragement when you need them most.  In blog I am, Stormily Yours.

1 comment: