Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Endings and Beginnings

January 1, 2013

I had to prove to myself that the first time I wrote the date with the new year, I would get it right.  And I did!  Already off to a great start!

Even though I already *know* this is going to be an auspicious year for me, it was refreshing to take a moment after letting my dog out this morning to look around, breathe in (as best as I could.... fighting a cold - which is apparently turning out to be a New Year tradition as this is the second year in a row), and to *feel* what is around me.  I felt a stirring deep within; a hope, but deeper than hope... it was almost like... an awakening.  Even though the air is cold and the slight breeze biting, I still smelled Spring in the air.  Which is even more amazing since I can't physically smell anything at the moment.  But the world is shifting, and it may be more of a personal reflection for me, but I honestly feel that it's shifting for us all.  We are heading toward a future that is bright, for both Earth and ourselves.

The year 2012 was a good one for me.  I started writing again.  I learned so much about food and health, and while I am still developing this and putting what I've learned in to practice, I have come a long way from where I was.  I discovered that I am a good teacher, and my compassion and patience are perfect attributes for the job.  I tried so many new things, and learned that the saying you can do anything you put your mind to is absolutely true; we really are our own worst enemies sometimes!  I completely embraced my spiritual side and awakened to some amazing truths, and in the process I met some really incredible people.  In a few cases my journey has brought me to people I've known for a very long time and I am truly grateful to be walking the path together.

So what will 2013 bring?  If the theme of 2012 was "awakening," then the theme of 2013 will be "development."  I have a lot of personal projects in the horizon and a lot of new things I'll be learning.  I plan on developing different ways for my spiritual nature to manifest in more creative ways.  I will continue to improve my personal health and that of the environment.  I will develop routines that help bring balance into my life.  I will take a moment every day to ground myself and be present in the moment; I will truly appreciate every day.  I will continue to focus on positivity. 

And so, it is time for me to begin my first project of the year, which is razing my office and turning it into my Zen Room.  It will still serve as my writing room and thus, my office, but the intent will be one of Peace and Relaxation, and once I am done the Chi will flow much better. 

Happy New Year, everyone!  May 2013 bring you fresh starts, transformations, and inner-peace!

    Stormily Yours,
    B*





1 comment:

  1. Noble attibutes and aspirations. You have the world at your fingertips. Never doubt yourself; I don't!

    ReplyDelete